Thursday 24 May 2012

Flashbacks




In the dark depths of the alleyway,
We stand there, staring at each other, each in the other’s way,
His shadowed face in a hood, his stance not telling,
While I struggle to contain my heartbeat, my body perspiring,
My feet glued to the ground, I wait for the sign…
And it comes!
He whips put his gun, dull in the moonlight, deadly when cocked,
I know I must do something before I get poked,
My feet start to move, faster and steadier,
Bullets start renting the air, missing me by a whisker,
In the heat of it all, my mind wanders back to the past,
Everything I’ve done, good or bad, which couldn’t last,
I don’t know what’s gonna happen next,
But I know for sure that it ain’t gonna turn out for the best.
The inevitable happens; a bullet hits me from the back,
And I hug the ground, cursing that he couldn’t cut me some slack,
The pain searing through my body,
The night suddenly starts to look shoddy,
He walks gauntly, striving to enjoy the victory,
While I groan in pain, thinking about the heavy irony,
He stands over me, his silhouette seemingly deadly,
Gun raised again, eager to end the story quickly,
And on the 2nd gun-cock, I realize…

…to be continued….

No comments:

Post a Comment