Sunday 26 August 2012

A Prayer to You



You are the potter, I am a mound of clay,
Mix me with water, mold me as You may,
Even when gets hotter, You always save the day,
Let me not totter, please show me the way.

You are the carpenter, I am the piece of wood,
Fill me with laughter, fill me with only good,
Shape me into a tool, one to spread your word,
To transform a lost fool, into a beautiful bird.

You are the shepherd, I am but just a sheep,
Guide me 4m the leopard, make me not weep,
Show me the path to follow, lead me to the water of life,
The holy spirit I shall borrow, to end in me all the strife.

You are the tailor, I am a piece of cloth,
Sew me into a sailor, one who sails over the broth,
Mend any torn garment shred, return it to one whole piece,
Let in me the Holy Spirit imbed, and watch me like a police.

You have brought me this far, and even further you shall take me,
Protect me from the huge war, provide a spear & armor to shield thee,
Walk with me on my journey, raise me up like a bread of leaven,
May I eventually win the tourney, and come to join you in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment