Friday 3 August 2012

The Odd Night


On the lonely chair I sit, while my drunk friends stand,
I have just taken a hit, felt more like a fist than a hand,
The fire in me that was lit, is now gone similar to the sand,
All my friends can do is talk shit, making more noise than a band,
Feel like going into a fit, but it still all feels a way much rotund.

I decide to watch a game of ball, so as to calm my low esteem,
Am thinking 'To hell with this all', evil thoughts reign supreme,
Maybe if i get to see a goal, I'll get to blow off some of my steam,
Conclusion is to stay standing tall, my pride and ego I shall redeem. 

My thoughts race so far and wide, if only I could reverse time,
To no one I think I will ever confide, I could bet on it with a dime,
On the reality horse I shall ride, stare upon love like as if it were lime,
In my mind I will forever reside, let my heart out only with rhyme...

But all that I shall leave as the past, unto a better future I stare,
Getting stronger and better is amust, my life will become a funfare,
Unto mother nature I place my trust, will treat myself with more care,
When I finally return to earth's crust, I will say twas all good and fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment